Philippine National Police

National Capital Region Police Office



PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS, Regional Director, NCRPO lauded the operatives of Ermita Police Station for the successful arrest of syndicated estafa suspects on June 23, 2020 along T. M. Kalaw St., Ermita, Manila.

Suspects were identified as:

Suspect 1- ROBERTO DE GUZMAN Sr. y ANOT, 64 years old, jobless, married and resident of A.R. Cruz St., Tangos South, Navotas City:

Suspect 2 – ROBERTO DE GUZMAN y LAS PIÑAS Jr, 22 years old, male, single, fisherman and with same address of S1;

Suspect 3 – RONALDO SARITA y LAS PIÑAS, 24, single, jobless and with same address of S1;

Suspect 4 – MELINDA CHAVES y LAS PIÑAS, 48 years old, male, single, jobless and with same address of S1

Suspect 5 – Child in Conflict of Law (CICL)- KCG, 15 years old, male, out of school youth and with same address of S1;

Suspect 6 – Child in Conflict of Law (CICL) – KCG, 15 years old, male, out of school youth and with same address of S1;

Suspect 7 – Solo Fernan Gona, male of legal age (At large)

Initial investigation revealed that on May 24, 2020, while complainant – ALBERTO JOCSON Jr. SALVACRUZ, 52 years old, married, businessman and resident of 47 Piccadilly St., Hillsborough, Cupang, Muntinlupa, saw a picture of one (1) unit Jaguar F Type Coupe R model 2018 for sale while he was browsing on the website of philkotse. He transacted with a certain Miguel Fernandez and Director from Custom under certain name of one (1) Angelo Santos.

Upon knowing the complete details of the Jaguar car for sale and through flowery words of the suspects, Jocson agreed and sent cash amounting to Php 400,000.00 through M Lhullier Kwarta Padala on May 26, 2020 as assurance deposit under the receiver name of SOLO, FERNAN GONA. It was on June 1, 2020 when the money was withdrawn at M Lhullier Holy Spirit 2 Branch in Quezon City.

Thereafter, transactions continued and a meeting was set at T. M. Kalaw St., near Jollibee, Ermita, Manila at around 10:00AM of June 23, 2020. Jocson met the other cohorts to include one Solo Fernan Gona. Meanwhile, Director Angelo Santos was also on the line to join their meeting.

However, during the said transaction, complainant demanded to see personally the said Jaguar car but the suspects still tried to trick and make the complainant believe them. Afterwards, complainant handed the cash money to the suspects amounting to 3.8 Million pesos believing that the suspects will now proceed to their contact person/s in Bureau of Custom, Manila.

Thereafter, suspects told him to wait for about 30 minutes, but his waiting turned to nothing when the said suspects failed to return.

That at about 2:00 PM same date, complainant received a phone call and when he answered, one (1) Alias Angel Capuz introduced herself and told the complainant that she knows who swindled him.

Wasting no time, complainant immediately proceeded to Ermita police station and asked for police assistance.

Personnel of the station proceeded at the meeting place to meet Angel at Taft Avenue Corner P. Gil, Ermita, Manila. Thereupon, Angel showed up and was brought to police station for interview.

According to Angel, Director Angelo Santos was the person of Suspect 1- ROBERTO DE GUZMAN Sr y ANOT or his Foster Father while Suspect 2 – ROBERTO DE GUSMAN Jr y LAS PIÑAS was the person of Miguel Fernandez who posted on the website of philkotse while the other apprehended suspects (S3 S6) were cohorts and in-charge in data gathering and information of their complainants and their future victims and also tasked in uploading car pictures in the website.

Thereafter, a follow-up police operation against the syndicated group was ensued along Tangos, Navotas with coordination to the NPD.

As a result thereof, suspects were arrested and confiscated from their possession and control were the logbooks being used in their syndicated estafa transactions in which the present transaction to the herein complainant was also recorded. That suspect 2 and Suspect 3 were also positively identified by the complainant as two of the three same persons who met him in the morning of June 23, 2020.

“Follow-up operation and investigation are ongoing relative to this case. We therefore call for the other victims to report to Ermita Station and file their respective complaints. Let us work hand in hand until all the members of this group shall be put behind bars,” PMGEN SINAS underscored.