The NCRPO Chief PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS commended the successful anti-illegal drug operation of the joint operatives of Kamuning Police Station PS10, QCPD and DID SPD in coordination with Taguig CPS which resulted in the confiscation of around 1.7 Million worth of suspected illegal drugs at around 4:55 PM of June 9, 2020.
The operation stemmed from an indepth intelligence information gathering and month-long surveillance, monitoring and investigation of the modus operandi of the suspects.
After positive information was established, a buy-bust operation was plotted in close coordination with PDEA along the parking area of Arca South Estate, Sunshine Mall located at Bgy. Western Bicutan, Taguig City.
Upon consumation of the offense, the police officer who acted as the poseur buyer gave the signal for the other operatives to arrest the suspects who were later identified to be the following persons:
- JOHANNA AWIL y MULOD, a.k.a. JOAN, 50 years old, DOB August 27, 1969, married, jobless, native of Cotabato City and presently residing at Block 141, Lot 9, Solomon St., Upper Bicutan, Taguig City;
- REHANA MOHAMMAD y MULOD, 22 years old, DOB February 14, 1997, single, call center agent, native of Cotabato City and presently residing at Block 141, Lot 9, Solomon St., Upper Bicutan, Taguig City;
- RASUL TANTONG y COMPANIA, 23 years old, DOB May 15, 1996, married, tricycle driver, native of Maguindanao and presently residing at Kakar St., Bgy. Maharlika, Quezon City;
- JOEMAR, ABUBAKAR y DINGA, 26, years old, DOB August 21, 1994, single, construction worker, native of Maguindanao and presently residing at block 141, Lot 9-T, Upper Bicutan, Taguig City; and
- MIMIT DAGADAS y LUPONG, 32 years old DOD July 14, 1985, married, jobless, Maguindanao and presenty residing at No. 141, Lot 9, Upper Bicutan, Taguig City.
Initial report disclosed that one of the scheme used by the suspects to elude and pass over check points was to place the illegal drugs inside containers/sacks of rice.
Seized from the suspects were the following pieces of evidence to wit:
- Five (5) pieces of large size heat sealed transparent plastic sachet containing undetermined amount of white crystalline substance suspected shabu weighing more or less two hundred fifty 250 grams with a DDB value amounting to Php 1,700.000.00;
- Buy bust Money four (4) pieces of genuine five hundred peso bill incorporated with three hundred ninety eight pieces of one thousand peso bill as boodle money, with a total amount of Php 400,000.00;
- One 1 piece of plastic bag color blue containing rice;
- Two (2) units of analogue Cellphone; and
- Two 2 units of Android Cellphone.
The recovered suspected shabu was brought for confirmatory testing to the crime laboratory while the suspects were taken to Kamuning Police Station pending the filing of charges for violation of Section 5, Art II of RA 9165 otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
“The realization of our goal to keep the Metro safe from all forms of criminality and illegal drugs depends mostly from the untiring dedication and devotion to duty shown by our police officers in the field. Amid the current health crisis and stringent call of duty as frontliners, the unwavering effort of our Metro cops to further our campaign against illegal drugs is truly commendable,” PMGEN SINAS said.