NCRPO Chief PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS lauds the successful anti-illegal drugs operation of Kamuning Police Station 10, QCPD which yielded a total of P120,000.00 worth of suspected marijuana.
The buy bust operation stemmed from intelligence information from a confidential informant regarding the illegal drug activities of the suspects.
Consequently, a series of surveillance, monitoring and intelligence information gathering was initiated until a buy-bust operation was plotted by the personnel of PS-10 Station Drug Enforcement Unit QCPD in coordination with PDEA NCR along Monte De Piedad St., near corner Lantana St., Brgy Immaculate Conception, QC. at around 4:00 PM of July 22, 2020.
When the buybust was consummated, the police officer poseur buyer signalled for the immediate arrest of the suspects who were later identified to be the following persons thus:
- NORIEL LONGABELA y Rea,20 years old (DOB Apr. 8, 2000), single, jobless, native of and presently residing at No. 35, Monte De Piedad St., Brgy. Immaculate Conception, QC
- RAY LEONARD BALASBAS y Martin, 26 years old (DOB April 13, 1994), single, vendor, native of and presently residing at No. 77 Lantana St., Brgy. Immaculate Conception, QC
- PEEJAY FLORENDO y Bermundo, 26 years old (DOB July 22, 1994), single, incumbent SK Barangay Kagawad, native of Marikina and presently residing at No. 45, Monte De Piedad St., Brgy. Immaculate Conception, QC
Seized from the suspects are the following pieces of evidence to wit:
- One (1) brick of suspected dried marijuana leaves wrapped with transparent plastic (buy-bust item)
- One (1) piece of small transparent ziplock containing undetermined amount of suspected high grade dried marijuana leaves (recovered items)
- Buy-bust money, one piece of genuine five hundred peso bill incorporated with Twenty (20) pieces of one thousand peso bill as boodle money, amounting to Php 20,500.00
- One (1) piece of camouflage backpack
- Two (2) unit of android cellphone
The recovered/seized suspected dried marijuana leaves weighs more or less 1 kilo with a DDB value amounting to more or less P 120,000.00.
The confiscated illegal drugs was turned over to the crime laboratory for confirmatory testing while the arrested suspects were detained at Police Station pending the filing of charges for violation of Section 5 and Section 11, Art. II of RA 9165 otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 and Resisting Arrest.
“I commend the successful buy-bust operation of PS10 QCPD which led to the arrest of these watchlisted illegal drug personalities. Your unwavering support to NCRPO’s intensified campaign against illegal drugs is truly noteworthy,” emphasized PMGEN SINAS.
For information sir/ma’am. Thank you.