PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS, NCRPO Regional Director lauds the successful anti-illegal drugs operation conducted by the operatives of Kamuning Police Station 10, QCPD at around 3:10PM of July 7, 2020 along Visayas Ave. near corner Congressional Ave., Brgy. Culiat, Quezon City.
According to the initial report, the operation stemmed from a tip of a regular confidential informant regarding the illegal drug activities of alias “Tomboy” which prompted the police officers to plot a buy-bust operation in close coordination with PDEA wherein one of them acted as the poseur buyer of illegal drugs.
Upon arrival at the scene of transaction and consumation thereof, the police officer poseur-buyer gave the signal for the arrest of the suspects who were later identified to be the following persons thus:
1. JOVON MAMAWAG y Hachero, 27 years old ( DOB August 23, 1992), single, jobless, native of and presently residing at No. 24, Evergreen Drive, Capitol Green Village, Culiat, Quezon City; and
2. ABIGAIL RONIO y De jesus, 22 years old ( DOB July 29, 1997), single, jobless, native of and presently residing at No. 48, St. Joseph Townhouse, Quezon City for Violation of Sec 5 of RA 9165.
Recovered from their possession were the following items thus:
1. One (1) large stalk of suspected dried marijuana leaves wrapped in a transparent plastic (buy-bust items)
2. One (1) piece of large transparent ziplock containing undetermined amount of dried marijuana leaves and one (1) small stalk of dried marijuana wrapped with transparent plastic (recovered items)
3. Buy-bust money, one piece of genuine one thousand peso bill incorporated with fifty nine (59) pieces of one thousand peso bill boodle money, amounting to Php 60,000.00
4. One (1) piece of color black adidas backpack
5. One (1) piece of digital weighing scale and sling weighing scale
6. Two (2) pieces of Apple cellphone
7. One (1) unit of Isuzu Crosswind bearing plate number NGO 355.
The recovered/seized suspected dried marijuana leaves has an aggregate weight of more or less 1.2 kilos with a DDB value amounting to Php 144,000.00.
Evidence seized and the suspects were brought to the police station for investigation and proper disposition. Afterwards, suspected illegal drugs will be turned-over to the Crime Laboratory for chemical analysis. Meanwhile the suspects will be presented before the Quezon City Prosecutors Office for Inquest Proceedings for Violation of Section 5 and Section 11 under Art II of RA 9165 (Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
“I commend the successful buy bust operation conducted by the personnel of Kamuning Police Station which led to the confiscation of 1.2kilos of suspected marijuana leaves. I encourage you to continue your effort in the conduct of operation against illegal drugs to ultimately keep the Metro safe from the proliferation of this dangerous substance,” said PMGEN SINAS.