National Capital Region Police Office Chief, PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS lauded the successful operation conducted by the operatives of Marikina City Police Station, Station Drug Enforcement Unit (SDEU) which resulted in the arrest of three suspects and seizure of 204k worth of suspected shabu in Marikina.
According to initial investigation the buy-bust operation was plotted in close coordination with PDEA after validation of information reported by a confidential informant regarding the illegal activity of the suspects.
On August 6, 2020 at about 9:40PM one of the police officers acted as the poseur-buyer and proceeded to #21 San Miguel Phase 1, Barangay Fortune, Marikina City. Upon completion of the transaction, police poseur-buyer signalled for the arrest of the suspects who were identified as:
1) Russel Galanza y Bool alyas Russel, 42 y/o, single, jobless, and residing at no. 132 Champaca 1, Brgy Fortune, Marikina City.
2) Jhune Rivera y Torres, 46 y/o, single, jobless, and residing at no. 47 Santan St., Brgy Fortune, Marikina City.
3) Jay Garcia y Caballes, 49 y/o, married, jobless, and residing at no. 21 San Miguel Phase 1, Brgy Fortune, Marikina City.
Further, confiscated evidence are as follows:
1) Six (6) pieces of small heat sealed plastic sachet containing white crystalline substance suspected as dangerous drugs;
2) Three (3) pieces of medium heat sealed plastic sachet containing white crystalline substance suspected as dangerous drugs;
3) One (1) piece open transparent plastic sachet containing white crystalline substance suspected as dangerous drugs;
4)Two (2) pieces aluminum foil strip with traces of suspected shabu;
5)Two (2) pieces disposable lighter color orange and green with burner;
6) One (1) red coin purse; and,
7) One (1) piece Five Hundred peso bill w/serial no. TD601213 used as buy bust money.
Seized items with estimated weight of more or less 30 grams with DDB value amounting to PHP 204,000.00 will be turned-over to Eastern Police District Crime Laboratory for chemical analysis.
Meanwhile, suspects are now detained at Marikina City Police Station custodial facility pending the filing of charges in of violation of Art II Section 5 of RA 9165- Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
The inventory of seized pieces of evidence was witnessed by Barangay Kagawad Elpidio Felipe of Barangay Fortune, Marikina City and Ms. Margie Bautista, a media representative form Remate.
“Team NCRPO commends the diligence of our personnel in conducting series of operations against the proliferation of illegal drugs in the Metro that results in noteworthy accomplishments. I also encourage the public to continuously report to the authorities any illegal activities in your area so we could properly address these matter,” PMGEN SINAS said.