National Capital Region Police Office Chief, PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS lauds the operatives of the Station Drug Enforcement Unit of Novaliches Police Station (PS-4), Quezon City Police District in coordination with Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency for the seizure of 3.4M pesos worth of suspected shabu and apprehension of three drug suspects on September 9, 2020 at about 8:00AM at a gasoline station located along Quirino Highway, Barangay San Bartolome, Quezon City.
The operation was hatched after validation on the veracity of the information reported by the confidential informant about the illegal activities of the suspects. Thereafter, one of the operatives acted as poseur buyer. Upon completion of the transaction, the police officer signalled the arrest of the suspects.
The arrested suspects were identified as follows:
1. Carlos Tuason y Sevilla aka “KUYA” 43y/o Male, Jobless, native of Albay, Bicol, presently residing at Pembo st., Brgy Rizal, Makati City, with a previous case of violation of Sec 11 Art 11 RA 9165 in 2017;
2. Melvin Almario y Balberona aka “Melvin” 38y/o Male, Jobless, single native of Metro manila, presently residing at lot 9 blk 61a Flora Ville st. Brgy Rizal, Makati City, with a previous case of violation of PD 1602 in 2019 in Makati City;
3. Cedric Pe y Samson aka “Dec-Dec”, 41y/o Male, Grab Driver, native of Metro Manila, Presently Residing At Blk 3 Lot 133 Juan Luna st. Makati City, with a previous case of violation of Sec 11 Art 11 RA 9165 in 2016.
Pieces of evidence seized from the possession and control of the suspects are:
1. Eight (8) pieces of Knot Tied transparent plastic sachet containing undetermined quantity of white crystalline substance suspected to be shabu;
2. Fourteen (14) pieces of Medium Heat Sealed transparent plastic sachet containing undetermined quantity of white crystalline substance suspected to be shabu;
3. One (1) Pink Pouch;
4. Three (3) Units of Cellular Phone;
5. One (1) pc unsealed Golden Chinese Tea Bag;
6. One (1) Blue Sling Bag;
7. One (1) Black Sling Bag;
8. One (1) pc unsealed Transparent Plastic;
9. One Piece Genuine One Thousand Peso Bill marked Buy bust money;
10. Sixty Nine (69) Pieces One Thousand Peso Bill Boodle Money; and,
11. One Orange Vios with plate no. NBV 2258.
The seized illegal drugs has an estimated weight of more or less 500 grams with Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) value amounting to PHP 3,400,000.00. It will be turned over to the PNP Crime Laboratory for confirmatory testing.
Likewise, confiscated pieces of evidence were marked and inventoried in the presence of Barangay Kagawad Larry Capiral of Barangay San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City and Mr. Leody Tobias, a media representative form Radyo ng Masa.
Arrested suspects are currently detained at the Custodial Facility of Police Station 4, QCPD pending the filing of appropriate charges for violation of Sec 5 & 11 Art II of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
“Team NCRPO’s relentless anti-illegal drugs campaign has been gaining notable accomplishments as manifested in the recent seizure of 3.4M worth of suspected shabu. This is an implication that your police force remains committed to heed the challenge of the President on the eradication of illegal drugs in the country,” PMGEN SINAS asserted.