The National Capital Region Police Office Chief PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS commended the successful buy-bust operation conducted by the Parañaque City Police Station Drug Enforcement Unit (SDEU) at about 12:50 AM of July 2, 2020 at Block 4 Lot 2 Nora Luisa Subdivision Brgy San Antonio Valley 8, Parañaque City which resulted in the seizure of about 100 grams of suspected crystal meth or “shabu” worth approximately Php680, 000.00.
The operation stemmed from an intelligence information from a confidential informant regarding the illegal drug activities of the suspects. This prompted the operatives to plot a buy bust operation in close coordination with PDEA wherein one police officer acted as a poseur buyer to purchase illegal drugs from one of the suspects known as alias “APPLE”.
Immediately after the consummation of the transaction where the operatives was able to buy one piece of small heat-sealed transparent plastic sachet of suspected shabu worth Php1000.00, he then gave the signal for the arrest of the suspects who were later identified to be the following persons to wit:
1) Ali Saliling y ABAD @APPLE, 30 y/o born on April 5, 1989 at Cotabato City, male, married, jobless and presently residing at Blk 4 Lot 2, Nora Luisa Subdivision, Valley 8, Brgy. San Antonio, Parañaque City;
2) Baikan Mokamad y Salid @BAIKAN, 47 y/o born on October 20, 1973 at Cotabato City, female, widow, businesswoman and presently residing at Blk 4 Lot 2, Nora Luisa Subdivision, Valley 8, Brgy. San Antonio, Parañaque City;
3) Apolinio Plata Jr. y Laybao @POL, 39 y/o born on May 6, 1981 at Eastern Samar, male, married, Driver and presently residing at #105 E. Rodriguez Ext. Brgy Moonwalk, Parañaque City;
4) Melvin Juarez y Sarion @BUROG, 25 y/o born on August 23, 1994 at Quezon Province, male, single, Crew (Reyes Barbeque) and presently residing at #105 E. Rodriguez Ext Brgy Moonwalk, Parañaque City; and
5) Francis Darwin Matugina y Briones @DARWIN, 33 ylo born on November 29, 1986 at Southern Leyte, male, single, jobless and presently residing at Area 3A. Sitio Libjo, Brgy. Sto Niño, Parañaque City.
Seized from the suspects were white crystalline substance contained in four (4) pieces big, two (2) pieces medium and one (1) piece small heat-sealed transparent plastic sachets suspected to be shabu weighing more or less 100 grams with an estimated DDB value of Php 680,000.00, one caliber .38 revolver loaded with 5 live ammunition and a 1000-peso bill used as buy-bust money.
The seized items were duly photographed, marked and inventoried at the place of arrest in the presence of witnesses Brgy. Kagawad Maria Carla Delima of Brgy. San Antonio, Parañaque City and media representative Jimmy Hao of NDN Media Productions.
Thereafter, the suspected illegal drugs were sent to the crime laboratory for confirmatory testing while the suspects were taken under custody of the police station pending the filing of charges for violation of RA 9165 also known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 and for violation of RA 10591 or the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulations Act. “I commend the successful buy bust operation conducted by the elements of Parañaque City Police Station Drug Enforcement Unit which led to the confiscation of more or less 100 grams of suspected shabu worth around Php 680,000.00. Our momentum in the conduct of anti-illegal drug operations reflects our commitment to curb the proliferation of illegal drug trade in the Metro,” said PMGEN SINAS