Joint elements of NCRPO Regional Drug Enforcement Unit, Taguig City Police Station and Philippine Drug Enforcement Unit successfully conducted an anti-illegal drugs buy-bust operation at about 12:30am of April 26, 2019 at C6 Road, Brgy. Napindan Taguig City which resulted in the arrest of 4 drug suspects, confiscation of 1.1M suspected shabu and contraband.
The operation was hatched from the information given by a civilian informant. Casing and surveillance for couple of months were conducted against the criminal gang resulting in a positive validation.
Arrested suspects were identified as; 1. Joseph Marcelo y Venus, 41 years old, Driver, with live-in partner and presently residing at Brgy. Valenzuela, Makati City; 2. Ronald Kerwin Bustos y Langit @ “Kerwin”, 32 years old, single, jobless and residing at San Andres Bukid, Manila; 3. Anthony Cruz y Estacio @ “Boy”, 41 years old, married, Driver and presently residing at Bagong Calzada Pateros; and 4. Robert Saligan y DelaCruz @ “Obet”, 40 years old, Laborer, and presently residing at Brgy. Calzada, Tipas Taguig City.
Upon apprehension, operatives yielded a total of 165 grams of suspected shabu with street value of Php 1,122,000.00, two hand guns loaded with ammunitions, one hand grenade and two weighing scale.
Investigation revealed that the arrested suspects are members of a criminal gang engaged in the illegal drug trade listed in the SPD illegal drug watch list, operating in the Southern part of Metro Manila. They have been previously arrested and charged before the Courts of Makati and Taguig City for the past 2 years for the same offense, but their cases were repeatedly dismissed.
The arrested suspects and recovered pieces of evidence were brought to RDEU office and will be subjected for technical examination before the PNP Crime Laboratory Office.
Cases for violation of Section 5, 11 and 26 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002), RA 10591 (Comprehensive Law on Firearms and Ammunition) and RA9516 ( Illegal posession of explosives) in relation to Omnibus Election Code and Comelec Gun Ban are being prepared for filling in the proper Court against the suspects.
The NCRPO Regional Director PMGEN GUILLERMO LORENZO ELEAZAR commended the operatives for the arrest of the suspects considering that the firearms recovered from them can possibly be used for gun for hire and other criminal activities with the elections forthcoming.
PMGEN ELEAZAR also said that they will further investigate the reasons why their previous cases were dismissed. “Yung pagtutulak ng iligal na droga, wala dapat bail yan. walang dahilan para makabalik sa komunidad ang mga suspects na yan para makapagtulak pa rin ng droga. Papa imbestigahin ko kung bakit nakakalaya pa mga iyan. Alam natin na itong pagbebenta ng ilegal na droga ay isang magandang negosyo para sa kanila at madali ang pera. Ating alamin kung ginagamitan nitong mga ito ang pera para maabsuwelto sila sa mga kaso nila”, PMGEN ELEAZAR said.