Extensive anti-illegal drug effort of the Northern Police District DDEU and DSOU resulted in the confiscation of more than 19 Million worth of suspected shabu at about 7:30PM of May 13, 2020 in Blk.6 Lot 49 Gilmar Subdivision Brgy.168 Zone 15 District 1 Deparo Caloocan, City.
The operation stemmed from leads from previously conducted buy-bust operation by elements of DDEU, NPD last May 11, 2020 against Gary Villanueva Y Gange, a known drug pusher and subject of NPD’s Drug Watchlist.
In the previous anti-illegal drug operation, a total of 70 grams of Shabu was confiscated and Four (4) Drug Personalities were arrested at Brgy. 8, Zone 2, Caloocan City.
Consequently, an in-depth intelligence and follow-up investigation was conducted relative to the modus operandi of the suspects to net down their illegal drug source.
After thorough information gathering, a positive lead was established which necessitated the operatives to conduct a buy-bust operation against the suspect known by the name ‘Arthur’ and his cohorts which resulted in their arrest.
NCRPO Chief PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS identified the suspects to be the following persons:
1. Arthur Salguero y Del Rosario @Gigi (Watchlisted), 49 y/o, single, jobless, residing at Blk.6, Lot 49, Gilmar Subd., Brgy.168, Deparo, Caloocan City;
2. Rose Cruz y Adajar @Jok jok (Watchlisted), 31 y/o, married, jobless, residing at Blk. 6, Lot 49, Gilmar Subd., Brgy 168, Deparo, Caloocan City;
3. Herchill Resco y Adrias, single, helper, residing at No. 4215, S. Bautista St., Brgy. Mapulang Lupa, Valenzuela City;
4. Jhon Dale Estorninos y Aunzo, single, factory worker, residing at No.58, Bagong Kaunlaran, Brgy. Paso De Blas, Valenzuela City;
5. William Tante Jr. y Balia, 39 y/o, married, buy&sell fighting cocks, residing at No. 1093, Bataan St., Brgy. Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City;
6. Joshua De Andres y Aniban, 24 y/o, single, service crew, residing at No. 4225, S. Bautista St., Brgy. Mapulang Lupa, Valenzuela City;
7. Albert Delema y Balimbing, 27 y/o, single, jobless and residing at Purok 4, Orosco St., Bagong Sibol, Brgy. Pulang Lupa, Valenzuela City; and
8. Ricky Nelson Cruz y Pangilinan, 57 y/o, married, tricycle driver, residing at Blk.6, Lot 49, Gilmar Subdivision, Brgy.168, Deparo, Caloocan City.
Recovered from them were the following pieces of evidence to wit:
a. Eighteen (18) pcs. large knot tie transparent plastic bag containing suspected Shabu;
b. Ten (10) pieces medium size heat sealed transparent plastic sachet containing suspected shabu;
c. One (1) large tea bag color gold containing suspected Shabu;
d. One (1) open cut plastic transparent sachet containing suspected Shabu;
e. One (1) pcs. thin strip aluminum foil with traces of suspected shabu;
f. One (1) pc. rolled aluminum foil used as improvised tooter with traces of suspected shabu;
g. Two (2) disposable lighter color yellow and color blue;
h. One (1) unit weighing scale;
i. One (1) nike shoe box color orange;
j. Three (3) unit cellullar phone model Huawei color silver, model Samsung color gold and model Oppo color red;
k. One (1) Toyota Vios color black bearing plate number ALA 1169; and
l. Five (5) genuine P1,000.00 bills with serial nos. UU722689 UU722690 UU722691 UU722692 FG980983 pre marked AP at the upper right front portion of the bills incorporated with 45 pcs P1,000.00 boodle money.
Collectively, the confiscated suspected shabu had an aggregate of more or less 2.8 kilos with a Standard Drug Price Value of around Php 19,040,000.00.
The items seized were duly marked and processed as witnessed by Brgy Kagawad Jaime Bautista of Brgy 168 Zone 15 District 1, Deparo, Caloocan City and Media Representative, Ms. Fraulein Olavario from TV5.
The suspected shabu was turned over to the crime laboratory for confirmatory testing to positively identify the chemical composition thereof and to ultimately establish the contestable presumption that such item is indeed, illegal drugs.
Meanwhile, the suspects were brought at DDEU office for proper disposition and filing of appropriate charges for violation of Sec. 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs), Sec.11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs), Sec. 13 (Pot session) Sec. 12 (Possession of Drug Paraphernalia) and Sec. 26 (Conspiracy) of R.A. 9165.
“I commend my men for their unwavering effort to curb the lawless elements who ceaselessly try to violate the law and worsen our situation amid the health crisis that we are facing these days as a Nation. Rest assured that NCRPO will be more vigilant in its effort against all forms of criminality and illegal drugs.
Now more than ever, we plead for support and cooperation from the people of the Metro in our combat not just against the unseen CoViD-19 but against all forms of scheme designed to instigate chaos and instil fear and anxiety to worsen the hurdles we are facing amid this global health crisis.” Said PMGEN SINAS.