The National Capital Region Police Chief PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS commended the joint-operatives of the Kamuning Police Station 10, Quezon City Police District, District Intelligence Division, Southern Police District and Parañaque City Police Station, SPD for the successful conduct of a buy-bust operation at around 12:30 PM of July 21, 2020 in front of Domino’s Pizza located along Boulevard St. Corner Opena St., Bgy. Baclaran, Parañaque City which resulted in the arrest of 3 drug personalities and seizure of more than 1.3M pesos worth of suspected illegal drugs.
Initial report states that the operation stemmed from a report of a confidential informant followed by a series of intelligence information gathering regarding the illegal drug activity of the suspects.
Consequently, a buy bust operation was plotted in close coordination with PDEA-NCR which resulted in the arrest of the suspects who were later identified to be the following persons:
- MACK KADIL y Tan, 34 years old (DOB May 7, 1986), married, jobless native of Cotabato City and presently residing at Bgy. Commonwealth, Quezon City;
- NMD, 17 years old, single and residing in Las Pinas, City; and
- ASD, 17 years old, single and residing in Cavite.
Recovered from their possession were the following pieces of evidence thus:
- One (1) piece large transparent plastic knot tie containing undetermined amount of suspected Shabu;
- One (1) piece small size heat sealed transparent plastic sachet containing undetermined amount of suspected Shabu;
- Buy-bust money one piece of genuine one thousand peso bill;
- One (1) unit of Analogue Cellphone;
- One (1) unit of I Phone cellphone; and
- one (1) piece small paper box.
The recovered/seized suspected shabu has an aggregate weight of more or less 200 grams and has a DDB value of around P 1,360.000.00. After due inventory in the presence of mandatory witnesses, the drug evidence were taken to the crime laboratory for chemical analysis and confirmatory testing.
The suspects will be facing charges for violation of Section 5, Art. II of RA 9165. However, one of the suspects, MACK KADIL y Tan will face an additional charge for violation of Section 11, Art. II of RA 9165 after having transacted with the poseur buyer police office during the buy-bust operation.
“Our momentum in the conduct of operations against illegal drugs indeed proves that despite the stringent call of duty in the frontlines amid this pandemic, NCPRO will not lax in its fight against this dangerous substance to ensure the safety of the people of Metro Manila,” said PMGEN SINAS.