The National capital Region Police Chief PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS lauds the anti-illegal drugs effort of the elements of Police Station 10, Kamuning Police Station, QCPD which led to the arrest of 2 drug suspects along Mindanao Ave., near corner Commonwealth Ave., Brgy. Sta Monica at around 5:30 PM of July 1, 2020.
The operation stemmed from a report from IOC RCI regarding the illegal drug transaction which promted the police officers to plot the operation against the suspects who were later identified as:
1. CARLO SANTOS y Tasid, 24 years old (DOB Sept. 6, 1995), single, delivery boy, native of and presently residing at No. 004 Asuncion St., Brgy. Sto Monica, QC
2. BRIGGS ESTRE y Salunson, 22 years old (DOB July 18, 1997), single, jobless, native of and presently residing at no. 145, Ginintuan Landas, Brgy. Sta Monica, QC
Recovered from them were the following pieces of evidence thus:
1. Two (2) bricks of dried leaves suspected to be marijuana wrapped in a clear plastic;
2. Buy-bust money one (1) piece of genuine five hundred peso bill incorporated with thirty (30) pieces of one thousand peso bill boodle money amounting to Php 30,500.00;
3. One (1) unit of Android cellphone;
4. One (1) shoe box color brown;
5. One (1) transparent plastic bag; and
6. One (1) unit of Yamaha Mio color Violet
Further probing disclosed that the suspects were under monitoring and listed in the DI watch list for involvement in illegal drug trade.
The recovered/seized suspected marijuana has an aggregate weight of more or less 1 and a Half Kilogram with DDB value amounting to Php 180,000.00. It was sent to the crime laboratory for confirmatory testing while the suspects were detained at the police station pending the filing of charges for violation of Section 5 Art. II of RA 9165.
“I commend the diligent effort of the operatives of Quezon City Police District which resulted in the arrest of 2 drug personalities listed in our DI watch list. Your dedication to duty paved way to a successful buy bust operation in line with our invigorated campaign against the proliferation of illegal drugs in the Metro,” said PMGEN SINAS.