PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS commended the joint operatives of Novaliches Police Station-Station Drug Enforcement Unit, Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency- NCR, and Philippine Drug Enforcement Group-4A and Explosives Ordnance Division for the successful conduct of a buy-bust operation resulting in the seizure of shabu worth 9 million and confiscation of firearms, ammunition, grenades and improvised explosive device in Quezon City.
The report showed that a regular confidential informant tipped the authorities regarding the illegal drug peddling activity of the suspects in Brgy. San Bartolome, Quezon City.
Initial report disclosed that at about 8:00AM of June 21, 2020, the buy bust operation was conducted at no. 64, Rockville Avenue, Rockville Subdivision, Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City. One of the police officers acted as a poseur buyer and after he bought P7,000 worth of shabu, he gave the signal for the arrest of the suspects who were identified to be the following persons:
1. Dennis Roque y Santos, male, 54 years old, with live-in partner, businessman, native of Manila and residing at No. 64, Rockville Avenue, Rockville Subdivision, Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City;
2. Kenneth Maclan y Pareja, male, 44 years old, married, businessman, native of Manila and residing at No. 94, Dampalit, Malabon City;
3. Harold Villasana y Valiente, male, 39 years old, single, self-employed and residing at Spruze Street, Brgy. San Juan, Cainta, Rizal;
4. Carlito Biglang Awa y Salazar, male, 58 years old (DOB: January 20, 1962), separated, caretaker, and residing at No. 64, Rocville Avenue, Rockville Subdivision, Brgy. San Bartolome, Nova, Quezon City.
Recovered from the suspects are the following items to wit:
1. One (1) block of undetermined quantity of white crystalline substance suspected to be Shabu;
2. Three (3) knot tie of transparent plastic sachet suspected to be shabu;
3. Five (5) heat sealed transparent plastic sachet suspected to be shabu;
4. Assorted drug paraphernalias;
5. Four (4) long firearms;
7. One (1) Roni Kit for Cal .45;
8. Three (3) short firearms;
9. Two (2) replica of short firearm;
10. Assorted bullets for Cal 30 and 9mm;
11. Thirteen (13) pcs of bladed weapon;
12. One (1) war belt;
13. Two bandolier;
14. One (1) tactical holster;
15. One (1) First Aid Kit pouch;
16. One (1) survival kit pouch;
17. Six (6) bundle of One thousand peso bill Boodle money;
18. One (1) genuine of One thousand peso bill marked money;
19. Four (4) Rifle grenade;
20. Thirty (30) pcs of E match l;
21. Two (2) containers of smokeless powder;
22. Six (6) pcs of Remote Blasting Machines;
23. Assorted Powder;
24. assorted improvised booby trap;
25. One (1) cellphone with leg wire;
26. Improvised switch for booby trap;
27. Four (4) pcs of battery “double A”;
28. Two (2) pcs of metal pipe with end cap;
29. Four (4) pcs fire cracker (whistle bomb).
The confiscated illegal drugs have an aggregate estimated weight of more or less 1,325 grams with a DDB value amounting to Php 9,010,000.00. It has been turned over to the PDEA laboratory for confirmatory testing.
The seized items were duly marked and inventoried in the presence of Kgwd. Derick Bigcas of Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City and Mr. Alex Mendoza of QCPD Press Corps.
Arrested suspects are detained at PDEA, EPD while seized firearms, ammunitions and other Military Equipment are in the custody of the station and explosive devices are in the custody of EOD, QCPD.
PDEA, EPD will file charges of Violation of Sec. 5, 11 & 15 Art II of RA 9165 while PS-4 and EOD, QCPD will file Violations of RA 10591 and RA 9516 respectively against the above suspects.
“I commend NCRPO, PDEA and PDEG team for the success of this operation. With the confiscation of these contrabands, we were able to stop any possible crimes they might commit. Further investigation and follow up operations will be conducted to determine whether these suspects are members of a syndicated or criminal gang,” PMGEN SINAS said.