National Capital Region Police Office Regional Director, PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS, lauds the personnel of Sta Cruz Police Station (PS-3) and Sampaloc Police Station (PS-4), Manila Police District for their successful arrest of individuals involved in manufacturing and imprinting falsified public and private documents.
Investigation disclosed that prior to the said operation, PS-3 received information regarding the proliferation of fake government documents and fake rapid test results along Alfonso Mendoza St., Sta Cruz Manila. After coordination with Sampaloc Police Station (PS-4) and verification on the legitimacy of the report, a joint operation was hatched at # 1200 A Mendoza St., cor, Andelina St., Barangay 466 Zone 46 Sta. Cruz Manila, at about 4:00PM on September 7, 2020.
Arrested suspects are:
1) Rommel Gonzales y Bravo, 38 y/o, single, businessman/ owner and residing at #1069 Roxas St., Sampaloc Manila;
2) Randrex Gonzales y Bravo, 34 y/o, single, operator and residing at #1069 Roxas St., Sampaloc Manila;
3) Richelle Gonzalesy Bravo, 38 y/o, single, operator and residing at #167 LRC Compound Recto Ave., Sta. Cruz Manila.
4) Elizabeth Raposas y Ante, 41 y/o, single, operator and residing at #1228 Old Antipolo St., Tondo Manila.
5) Mary Jean Guban, 30 y/o, single, operator and residing at #893 Quezon Blvd., Sta. Cruz Manila.
6) Rose Marie Saludo y Rolluda, 32 y/o, single, operator and residing at #953 R. Papa St., Sampaloc Manila.
7) Maricar Pabello y Bacani, 33 y/o, single, operator and residing at #953 R. Papa St., Sampaloc Manila.
8) Deobert Sas y Yordan, 20 y/o, single, operator and residing at #1739 CM Recto Ave., Sta. Cruz Manila: and,
9) A male Child in Conflict with the Law, 17 y/o single, operator and residing at #1069 Roxas St., Sampaloc Manila.
Accordingly, a policeman acted as a customer, transacted with Elizabeth Raposas and agreed to pay P500 for a Travel Authority. Afterwards, they went to a Motorcycle Parts and Accessories Store along A Mendoza St., Sta. Cruz Manila. Upon receipt of the fake document, the suspect was immediately arrested after the policeman disclosed his identity.
Moreover, the arrest of Raposas led to the discovery of a manufactory of fake documents which was behind the Motorcycle parts and Accessories Store which also led to the immediate arrest of eight (8) other suspects and recovery of multiple sets of computer with printer, assorted fake documents and one (1) piece of 500 peso bill as marked money.
Confiscated fake documents that were being manufactured are Travel Authority using the name of NRCPO, Swab Test, Results, Medical Certificate, IATF cards, Police Clearance, NBI Clearance, Different Transcript of Records of Schools, Different diplomas of Schools, Driver’s License, Business Permit, BIR receipts, and among others.
Arrested suspects are now detained at Sta Cruz Police Station (PS-3) custodial facility for further investigation after mandatory examination, while cases for Violation of Article 172 (Falsification by private individual and use of Falsified Document) and Article 174 (False Medical Certificate) of RPC in Relation to R.A. 11332 are being prepared to be presented for inquest proceedings.
“The arrest of these individuals indicates that Team NCRPO is on guard 24/7 despite of this pandemic. We will never allow anyone to take advantage of the current situation. We also solicit the cooperation of the public not to engage in such illegal activity because this will not only jeopardize everyone’s health but also the community’s safety and security,” PMGEN SINAS stated.