The National Capital Region Police Chief PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS lauds the anti-illegal drugs effort of the Quezon City Police District Station 10 resulting in the seizure of more than 200k worth of suspected illegal drugs at around 7:20 PM of June 6, 2020.
According to the initial report, the operation conducted along Sct., Santiago St corner Don Roces Av., Bgy. Obrero, Quezon City stemmed from a tip from a confidential informant followed by several days of case build up, monitoring and surveillance until a buy bust operation was plotted in close coordination with PDEA.
Consequently, upon the consumation of the offense wherein the police officer who acted as the poseur buyer was able to hand down the money as payment for the received suspected illegal drugs, the operatives immediately effected the arrest of the suspect who was later identified as IVAN LENARD GAMBOA y SISON, 29 years old (DOB August 28, 1990) single, and presently residing at No. 1, Cardones St., Central Signal, Taguig City.
Recovered/Seized from him are the following pieces of evidence:
- Six (6) pieces of medium size heat sealed transparent plastic sachet containing white crystalline substance suspected to be shabu weighing more or less thirty (30) grams with DDB value amounting to Php 204,000.00;
- Buy bust Money with One (1) piece of genuine one thousand peso bill incorporated with fifty nine (59) pieces of one thousand peso bill as boodle money amounting to a total of Php 60,000.00;
- One (1) piece red colored hello kitty pouch;
- Recovered money consisting of three (3) pieces one hundred peso bills; and
- One (1) unit of Android Cellphone.
The suspect was brought to the police station and will be facing charges for violation of Section 5, Art. II of RA 9165 while the evidence seized was brought to the crime laboratory for confirmatory testing.
“I commend the effort of my men in the implementation of our anti-illegal drugs campaign to free the Metro from all forms of criminality and illegal drugs despite the health crisis we are facing as a Nation. May this serve as a message to our people that NCRPO remains at guard and we will not allow these illegal activities to thrive in Metro Manila,” said PMGEN SINAS.