The National Capital Region Police Chief PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS commended the successful anti-illegal drug operations conducted by the Makati City Police Station which resulted to the seizure of more or less PHP 816,000.00 worth of suspected illegal drugs, confiscation of one (1) caliber .22 magnum firearms and arrest of two drug personalities.
The operation stemmed from an intelligence information developed by the Regional Intelligence Unit regarding the illegal drug activity of the suspects prompting the operatives of the Station Drug Enforcement Unit to plot a buy bust operation on September 21, 2020 at about 12:15 AM along Laperal Compound, Progreso St. Brgy. Guadalupe Viejo, Makati City
According to the initial report, one of the police officers acted as the poseur buyer and transacted to purchase one (1) piece of small transparent plastic sachet containing white crystalline substance suspected to be shabu worth PHP 1,000.00 pesos from the suspects.
After the consumation of the sale, the operatives arrested the suspects who were later identified to be the following persons thus:
1. Romnick basas Y Isic, @Nick, male, single, 32y.o, born on June 27, 1988, with given address #4516 Quintos St. brgy. Poblacion Makati City.
2. Martin Garcia Y Panican @Junior , male, single, 35y.o, born on July 27, 1985, with given address #4516 Quintos St., brgy. poblacion, Makati City.
Recovered from their possession were the following pieces of evidence to wit:
– Six (6) pieces small heat sealed transparent plastic sachet containing white crytalline substance suspected to be shabu and
– One – (1) wrap transparent plastic (subject of possession)
– one (1) piece 1000 peso bill money (buy bust money)
– one (1) sling bag color green
– one (1) coin purse color black
– one (1) plastic container color black
– one (1) caliber 22 magnum
– five (5) live ammunition
The recovered suspected illegal drugs was turned over to SPD Crime Laboratory for chemical analysis while the suspects remain under the custody of Makati City Police Station pending the filing of appropriate charges for violation of Sec 5 & 11, Art II of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Board Act of 2002 and RA 10591 otherwise known as the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act.
“I am impressed by the unwavering effort of the elements of the Makati City Police in the intensification of their anti-illegal drugs campaign in line with our common goal to free the Metro from all forms of criminality and illegal drugs. I commend the successful buy bust operation which stemmed out of the concerted effort from different units of NCRPO.” Said PMGEN SINAS