In relation to the declaration of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) over the entire Luzon, the Chief of the National Capital Region Police Office received a report from the Acting Chief of Police of Tayabas City Police Station regarding an incident involving one police officer transporting seven (7) Unauthorized Personnel Outside Residence (UPOR) at about 12:15 PM, April 23, 2020 within their area of responsibility.
PMAJ MARK TAPALLA AMAT identified the suspects as:
1. Patrolman Nerio Jojo Peñaflorida Bravo Jr., male, 25 years old, single, PNP member and presently assigned at District Mobile Force Battalion (DMFB), DS at US embassy and resident of Brgy. Sucat, Muntinlupa City. from Cupang Muntinlupa City;
2. Joseph Aviles Adan, male, 23 years old, married, helper. DOB- December 26, 1995 from Tayabas City;
3. Jayson Dialo Nanea, 30 years old, single, driver. DOB- August 30, 1989, POB- Tayabas City;
4. James Paulo Reyes Abcede, 28 years old, married, driver all residents of Brgy. Masin, Tayabas City. DOB- March 23, 1992, POB- Tayabas City;
5. Raymund Oblea Lavado, 22 years old, married, driver and resident of Brgy. Ilayang Ilasan, Tayabas City. DOB- September 28, 1997, from Tayabas City;
6. Aillen Roxas Villafria, 23 years old, single, production operator, and resident of Brgy. Silangang Palale, Tayabas City. DOB- April 18, 1997, from Tayabas City;
7. Maria Yandama Dialola, 48 years old, sewer. DOB- April 23, 1971, POB- Tayabas City, EA- Elementary Graduate 8. Arvie Dialola Lavado, 22 years old, single, helper both resident of Brgy. Ibabang Ilasan, Tayabas City. DOB- September 25, 1997, from Tayabas City;
Investigation disclosed that personnel of Tayabas City while conducting mobile patrol and implementing Enhanced Community Quarantine, received an information from concerned citizen and informed that there was a black Mitsubishi Xpander without attached plate number transporting Unauthorized Person Outside Residence (UPOR) passengers at Brgy. Ibabang Ilasan, Tayabas City.
Upon confirmation of the said report, responding personnel immediately apprehended the suspects.
Further investigation revealed that the police officer,wearing PNP uniform, contracted using FB messenger and was allegedly paid by the seven (7) passengers amounting to Two Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (Php2,500.00) each to fetch at Taytay Rizal and transport to Tayabas City to evade the Quarantine Control Points.
Suspects are now temporarily detained at Tayabas City Custodial Facility after having been subjected for medical examination.
PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS immediately directed the District Director of Manila Police District to initiate the precharge investigation and coordinate with the Tayabas City Police Station for the filing of appropriate charges. Further, the District Force Commander and the immediate supervisor of said suspect shall submit their explanation for command responsibility.
The Regional Logistics and Research Development Division was tasked to recover the issued firearms of the suspect. The Regional Personnel and Records Management Division was directed to issue order of his relief. Criminal and Administrative cases are also being handled by the Regional Investigation and Detective Management Division and the District Internal Affairs Service.
“I have relayed my reminders as well to all commanders and head of offices to regularly check and monitor their personnel. Anybody caught doing illegal activities will face charges to be filed against them if warranted, and they will be relieved immediately,” PMGEN SINAS stated.
“This is a warning to all other Metro Cops not to abuse your authority because Team NCRPO is strictly enforcing the internal cleansing program of PNP to eradicate erring cops in Metro Manila,” he added.