Team National Capital Region Police Office in close coordination with San Juan City LGU, JTF-NCR, BFP and other concerned agencies safely saved all the hostages from danger and successfully apprehended the hostagetaker at VMall, Greenhills Shopping Mall, Ortigas Avenue, San Juan, Metro Manila . The hostage taking started around around 10:00 AM of March 2, 2020 and ended at about 8:45 pm.
PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS, Regional Director NCRPO identified the suspect as Alchie Paray, 39 years old, a disgruntled former security guard of VMall. Paray was in possession of a grenade and gun which he used to shoot one of his superior earlier this morning. Victim identified as suspect’s Officer-in-Charge, Ronald Beleta, was hit on his chest and leg and rushed to Cardinal Santos Hospital, San Juan City for medication and is now in stable condition. Paray illegally detained fifty (50) hostages, 10 female and 40 male.
PMGEN SINAS said that Team NCRPO observed the Police Operational Procedures (POP) on Hostage-Crisis Situations with paramount emphasis on the safety of the hostages, the police personnel on the ground, the public and the hostage-taker himself.
With that, NCRPO Regional Director assured that the area was strictly cordoned and the incident scene was secured and isolated. A Crisis Management Task Group was immediately activated by San Juan Mayor Francis Zamora, ably led by the Ground Commander, PCOL JAIME SANTOS. No one was allowed to talk with the hostage taker without clearance from the trained and expert negotiator, PCOL ORLANDO O YEBRA JR.
Negotiations broke down to 11 hours until all of Paray’s demands were given. Last among his demands was to talk infront of his colleagues and members of the media. Upon planning of tactical strategy to be executed, Paray’s demand was granted. In return, he freed the all the hostages safe and sound. He was given an opportunity to speak out his heart and mind which turned out also as a chance for plain clothes men of PNP and AFP to apprehend the suspect.
Initial investigation disclosed that the suspect is a former employee of the Safeguard Armor Security Corporation or SASCOR. However, he, was removed by the security agency and mistreated by his officials. He also tried to convince other guards to join him in some sort of coup d’etat towards the mall management, however did not succeed.
The suspect is now under the custody of San Juan City Police Station and all hostages were released. Meanwhile, Scene of the Crime Operatives processed the crime scene and the Explosive Ordinance Disposal conducted the clearing operation regarding the Explosives.
Together with the other key officials of San Juan headed by Mayor Francis Zamora, PMGEN SINAS guaranteed that all the decisions made were calculated and all efforts were given to secure the safety of the hostages.
The Chief of NCRPO recognized the concerted efforts of the crisis management team for doing their best to manage the situation.
PMGEN SINAS assured that hostages will undergo debriefing and the Chief of Police will be contacting their families. He also said that the police investigators will no longer hold the hostages for them to take rest and discouraged personal interviews to the hostages to prevent recurrence of similar incident.
#PIONCRPO #GeneralSinas #GeneralDODONG #TeamNCRPO #TEAMPNP #WeServeandProtect #PNPKakampiMo