The Chief of the National Capital Region Police Office, POLICE MAJOR GENERAL DEBOLD M SINAS commends the operatives of Valenzuela City Police Station, SDEU and SWAT of Northern Police Station for the implementation of Search Warrant that resulted in the slain of a suspect, seizure of shabu worth Php 88,400.00 and suspected dried marijuana leaves worth Php 1,200.00 and discovery of a pot session inside the subject area.
Records show that on July 4, 2020 at about 4:05 am, combined personnel from SDEU, SWAT TEAM and personnel of PCP-6 Valenzuela City Police Station were dispatched at No.042 J Santiago St, Libo Malanday Valenzuela City to serve a search warrant (SW No. 8-V-20)for undetermined amount of Methamphetamine Hydrochloride also known as Shabu.
Said warrant was issued by Hon. Emma C Matammu of RTC Branch 269 against MICHAEL FRANCO Y SORDAN, male, 48 y/o, DOB: Nov.11, 1974, with live-in partner, jobless & residing at 042 J Santiago St, Libo Malanday Valenzuela City and MICHELLE CALLO Y ROXAS @ MICHELLE FRANCO, female, 48 y/o, with live-in partner, jobless & residing at same address.
Together with Barangay Official Kagawad Marco Antonio Dalag and Media Representative Ricardo Roldan, operatives proceeded to the area. Upon arrival thereat, suspect Michael Franco armed with .38 Caliber Revolver fired several times against the approaching policemen hitting the washing machine and the concrete wall of the gate.
With no other recourse but to defend themselves, an armed encounter ensued. Suspect was hit twice and was immediately rushed to Valenzuela City Emergency Hospital for medical attention. He was pronounced dead at around 4:26 AM of same date.
Furthermore, Eight (9) persons including One (1) minor who were inside the house were likewise arrested for engaging in a pot session:
1. ALFRANCIS VALENCIA y DADURAL @ BULAG, male, 19 years old, (DOB: June 20, 1974), with live-in partner, jobless, native of Batangas and a resident of No. 441 Innocencio Street, Brgy 93, Tondo, Manila; 2. JOSELITO FILO y CASTRO, male, 43 years old, (DOB: December 19, 1975), single, carpenter, native of Cainta, Rizal and a resident of No. 122 Pio Val Street, Marulas, Valenzuela City; 3. JOSEPHINE LOPEZ y DELA CRUZ, female, 47 years old, (DOB: March 3, 1973), helper, native of Bulacan and a resident of No. 042 J Santiago Street, Libo, Malanday, Valenzuela City; 4. LOUIE CAILLO (NMN), MALE, 23 years old, (DOB: September, 20, 1996), single, jobless, and a resident of No. 140 Mapagmahal Street, Brgy 109, Tondo, Manila; 5. RAINIER FRANCO JR y MIRAS, male, 20 years old, (DOB: July 16, 1999), single, jobless, and a resident of No. 042 J Santiago Street, Libo, Malanday, Valenzuela City; 6. MYRNA BARSAGA y LAGUNA, female, 46 years old, (DOB: June 22, 1973), with live-in partner, and a resident of Pio Val Street, Marulas, Valenzuela City; 7. ARLENE ALBAY y DIMAANO, female, 23 years old, (DOB: December 20, 1996), single, cashier, and a resident of No. 143 Mapagmahal Street, Brgy 109, Tondo, Manila; 8. EJM, male, 15 years old. He was turned over to City Social Welfare and Development of Valenzuela City; 9. ROEL TAMAYO JR y SORIANO, 19 years old, from Manila, single, jobless and a resident of Brgy 109, Tondo, Manila.
Meanwhile, evidence Recovered that were the subject of the Search Warrant are as follows:
- Six (6) pieces of Heat Sealed Transparent Plastic Sachet containing white crystalline substance;
- Five (5) pieces heat sealed transparent plastic sachet containing suspected dried marijuana leaves;
- Three (3) Pieces Rolled aluminum foiled;
- One (1) metal case;
- Five (5) pack transparent plastic with rubber tape together;
- One (1) color black sling bag; and
- One (1) color white digital weighing scale.
On the other hand, evidence Recovered by SOCO were:
- One .38 Caliber Revolver without Serial Number loaded with Two (2) Misfired Live Ammos and Four (4) Empty Cartridge Case;
- Two (2) Fired Cartridge Case of Caliber .9mm Pistol;
- One (1) Deformed Metallic Bullet;
- One (1) piece of heat sealed transparent plastic containing suspected Shabu;
- Two (2) pieces open transparent plastic with traces of suspected Shabu;
- Three (3) pieces Foil Strip;
- Four (4) pieces of Rolled Aluminum Foil; and
- Four (4) pieces of Disposable Lighters.
Seized evidence believed to be ‘SHABU” has an estimated weight more or less (13) grams with standard drug price of Php 88,400.00 and suspected dried marijuana leaves has an estimated weight of more or less ten (10) grams with standard drug price of Php 1,200.00.
The confiscated pieces of evidence are under the custody of NPD Crime Laboratory and will be properly turned over to Valenzuela City RTC Branch 269 for proper disposition.
Suspects are now detained at Valenzuela City Police Station for further investigation.
“The NCRPO will never waiver in its commitment to serve and protect the people of Metro and get rid of illegal drugs that generates other criminal activities and destroys the future of our youth,” said PMGEN SINAS.