Philippine National Police

National Capital Region Police Office

PBGEN DEBOLD M SINAS

SIX CHINESE PDL WHO ESCAPED, REARRESTED IN QUEZON CITY

The Chief of the National Capital Region Police Office, PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS lauds the Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit (CIDU) and Tactical Motorized Unit (TMU)for the successful manhunt operation resulting in the rearrest of the six Chinese Persons Deprived of Liberty (PDL) on June 23,2020 at about 9:30 PM at the creek of Mapagkumbaba St cor. Fulgencio St., Brgy. Krus na Ligas, Quezon City.

The escape of the six (6) PDL was discovered when duty sentinel conducted routine accounting on June 22, 2020 between 9:45 to 10PM at the Chinese Temporary Custodial Facility.

Upon learning the incident, elements of CIDU QCPD together with TMU conducted follow-up operation in pursuit of the escapees. While operatives were conducting patrol, they spotted the six (6) male chinese national who were coming out from the creek. The said chinese nationals were immediately arrested for investigation and proper disposition.

The Chinese nationals were identified as Zhang Yi Xin, Ludong Jin, Song Qicheng, Lu Yinliang, Huang Yong Qiao and Chen Bin.

They were among the fifty one (51) with commitment order issued by Judge Jesus P Mupas Br. 122 dated June 11, 2020. CRIM CASE No. R-PSY-20-01399-CR for “SYNDICATED ESTAFA”. They were also among the 342 foreign nationals apprehended by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and QCPD last December 2020 for working without proper permits and visas at a building in Barangay Bago Bantay, Quezon City. Since then, they were held in temporary detention facility inside the QCPD Headquarters.

Further, they were found working for a licensed Philippine Offshore Gaming Operator (POGO) that was not yet allowed by the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) to operate.

Suspects will be brought for inquest for the case of Art. 151 Resistance and Disobedience.

Meanwhile, the 15 policemen from District Mobile Force Batallion (DMFB) who were on actual duty during the escape of the suspects were reassigned and disarmed following an investigation being conducted by the Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit (CIDU). Aside from the criminal case, an administrative investigation will also be initiated against them.

“I am elated with the successful manhunt / follow up operations launched by the CIDU-QCPD and TMU to re-arrest these chinese nationals and put them under custody. This is also a wake up call for all officers guarding our PDLs, stricter and stronger measures should be employed to avoid similar cases,” said PMGEN SINAS.