PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS, Regional Director, National Capital Region Police Office lauded the Southern Police District- District Drug Enforcement Unit (DDEU) and Manila Police District DDEU for the successful arrest of three suspects and seizure of more or less 1 kilogram of Marijuana at about 9:15PM of August 11, 2020 at Herrera St. Brgy. 344 Zone 35, City of Manila.
Suspects were identified as::
1. Jigz Reno Yu y Cirera, 19 yrs old, single, student, a resident of 1943, Maria Natividad St. Sta. Cruz, Manila(arrested);
2. Jake Ryan Yu y Cirera, 24 yrs old,single, student, a resident of 1943, Maria Natividad St. Sta. Cruz, Manila(arrested);and
3. John Louie Laysa y Villaluz, 21 yrs old, single, student, a resident of 1625, Maria Clara St. Sta. cruz, Manila (arrested);
The operation stemmed from a series of in-depth intelligence information gathering, monitoring and surveillance until the operatives were able to positively identify the suspects and their scheme. Further probe revealed that all the suspects are included in the drugs watchlist.
Investigation disclosed that personnel of District Drug Enforcement Unit (DDEU), SPD together with MPD DDEU conducted joint buy-bust operation wherein a police officer acted as a poseur buyer, upon completion of the transaction, operatives effected their arrest.
Pieces of evidence seized from the possession and control of the suspects were as follows:
1. One (1) piece plastic translucent containing dry stalk of suspected marijuana leaves weighing more or less 1 kilo with DDB value Php 120, 000.00;
2. Six (6) pcs heat sealed transparent plastic sachets containing dry leaves suspected to be marijuana;
3. Two ( 2) pcs of 100 peso bill and two (2) pcs 50 peso bill used as buy bust money;and
4. One (1) unit of matte black Yamaha NMAX with plate no.1380-1131787.
Seized items believed to be marijuana were turned over to Camp Crame Crime Laboratory for chemical analysis, while the suspects are temporary detained at MPD Custodial Facility.
Witnesses during the inventory were from HANEP PRESS representative Mr. Leonardo Basilio and Brgy Kagawad Edsel Silubul, Brgy. 344 Zone 35, Manila City.
The suspects will be facing charges for violation of Section 5, Section 11 and Section 26 Article II of RA 9165 otherwise known as Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
“I would like to commend our operatives for the successful arrest of the drug suspects. More accomplishments to come as Team NCRPO intensifies its anti-drugs and anti-criminality operations to keep the Metro safe,” said PMGEN SINAS.