NCRPO Chief PMGEN DEBOLD M SINAS lauds the third successful anti-illegal drugs operation of PS-10 Kamuning in coordination with PS-3 Talipapa, Quezon City Police District which yielded a total of Php 360,000 worth of illegal drugs.
Records show that the operation stemmed from information gathered from drug suspect who was arrested by the same operating unit.
Consequently, a series of surveillance, monitoring and intelligence gathering was initiated as well as coordination with Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency to verify the veracity of the report. Upon validation, a buy-bust operation was plotted by the operatives of PS-10 and PS-3, QCPD Station Drugs Enforcement Unit infront of SEAOIL Gasoline Station located along Tandang Sora Ave. corner Cenacle Drive, Sunville Subd., Bgy. Culiat, Quezon City at about 10:30 PM of July 7, 2020.
Investigation disclosed that the suspects sold two (2) large stalks of suspected dried marijuana leaves wrapped in transparent plastic to the poseur buyer. After the consummation of the drug deal, suspects sensed that they are dealing with the police officers, thus, they tried to evade the arrest by boarding their service vehicle and nearly hitting one police operative. The incident prompted the police officer to shoot at the suspects.
Thereafter, back up operatives who were on alert, wasted no time and blocked the suspects’ vehicle by using their service vehicle. Operatives managed to prevent the escape of the suspects, however, their service vehicle was damaged.
Suspects were later identified as:
1. BON MANDARAGAT y Bohol, 28 years old (DOB April 30, 1990), single, jobless, native of Manila and presently residing at Bgy. San Matias, San Fernando, Pampanga;
2. RONALD POLINAR y Busa, 28 years old (DOB January 20, 1992), single, jobless, native of Caloocan City and presently at No. 1, San Antonio Homes, Bgy. Culiat, Quezon City;
3. CRISVER JHON CORTEZ y Alvarez, 18 years old (DOB December 15, 2001) single, jobless, native of Caloocan and presently residing at No. 1, San Antonio Homes, Bgy. Culiat, Quezon City;
Further probe revealed that all suspects are listed in the drugs watch list.
Recovered from their possession and control were:
1. Three (3) large stalk of suspected dried marijuana leaves wrapped with transparent plastic (buy-bust items);
2. Two (2) pieces of medium size transparent zip-lock containing undetermined amount of suspected dried marijuana leaves;
3. Buy-bust money, one piece of genuine one thousand peso bill incorporated with ninety nine (99) pieces of one thousand peso bill boodle money, amounting to Php 100, 000.00;
4. Three (3) units of android cellphone;
5. One (1) unit of Chevrolet optra bearing plate number XKX 639;
6. One (1) piece of brown backpack; and
7. One (1) brown pouch
The recovered/seized suspected dried marijuana leaves weighs more or less 3 kilos with DDB value amounting to Php 360, 000.00.
Photographs, markings and inventory of confiscated evidence were witnessed by Brgy. Kgawad Ameerah S Ibrahim of Brgy. Culiat, Quezon City and Mesia Representative Alex Mendoza of Remate and Rodim Vega of GMA QCPD Press Corps.
Suspects and confiscated pieces of evidence were brought to the Police Station for further investigation and proper disposition.
Suspects will face charges for violation of Section 5 and 11, Article II of Republic Act 9165 also known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
“I commend the dedication and persistent efforts of Kamuning Police Station and Talipapa Police Station in conducting anti-illegal drug operations within their areas of responsibility. The successful operations greatly contributed to our invigorated fight against illegal drugs. The NCRPO through its districts, stations and precincts will not allow proliferation of all forms of illegal drugs in Metro,” emphasized PMGEN SINAS.