NCRPO Regional Director, PMGEN DEBOLD SINAS lauds the successful anti-illegal drugs operation of Kamuning Police Station 10- Quezon City Police District which resulted in the arrest of drug suspects and recovery of suspected kush.
The first operation stemmed from a series of in-depth intelligence information gathering and surveillance. Upon confirmation of the suspects’ illegal activities, a buy bust operation was hatched.
Thereafter, Kamuning Police Station 10 in coordination with PDEA, NCR and Anonas Police Station, PS-9 conducted buy-bust operation on July 24, 2020 at around 5:30 pm at Unioil Gasoline Station located along Kalayaan Avenue corner Malingap St., Brgy. Teachers Village West, Quezon City wherein they were able to transact with the suspect. Upon consummation of the drug deal, operatives immediately effected the arrest of the suspect identified as:
JP LEAL y BACANI, 31 years old (DOB June 29, 1989), single, nurse, native of Nueva Vizcaya and presently residing at #11 Asparago St. Greenwoods Executive Village, Cainta Rizal.
During the arrest, recovered/Seized Pieces of Evidence were:
1. One (1) large size of ziplock containing eight (8) pieces of small size ziplock suspected kush (buy-bust item) ;
2. Three (3) pieces of color blue Collins Ave Cannabis Flower pack containing undetermined amount of suspected kush (recovered items);
3. Buy-bust money, one (1) piece of genuine one thousand peso bill incorporated with Twenty four (24) pieces of one thousand peso bill as boodle money, amounting to Php 25,000.00;
4. One (1) sling bag color brown;
5. One (1) unit of android cellphone;
6. One (1) unit of Toyota Corolla color red plate number HJY 888
The recovered/seized suspected kush weighing more or less 15 grams has DDB value amounting to Php 18,000.00
Meanwhile, a follow-up operation was conducted when a regular confidential informant revealed the transactions of another drug suspect who was later found out to be Leal’s source of illegal drugs.
Wasting no time, joint operatives of DEU Kamuning Police Station 10 and Taytay Municipal Police Station in coordination with R2, PRO 4-A conducted a buy bust operation against GABRIEL BUGAL y Academia, 24 years (DOB Sept. 29, 1995), single, student / businessman, native of and presently residing at Blk.23, Lot 10, Saarland Village, Brgy.San Isidro, Antipolo City.
Records show that upon transaction with Bugal, operatives immediately arrested him at Kay Tikling located Along Ortigas Extension, Brgy. Dolores, Taytay, Rizal at around 9:15 PM of July 24, 2020.
Recovered/Seized Pieces of Evidence from his possession were:
1. One (1) piece of 711 paper bag containing suspected kush (buy-bust item);
2. Four (5) pieces of black plastic ziplock containing undetermined amount of suspected kush (recovered items);
3. Five (5) pieces of small size ziplock color blue collins containing high grade marijuana;
4. Two (2) pieces of black box containing cartridge with suspected marijuana oil;
5. One (1) digital weighing scale;
6. Buy-bust money, one (1) piece of genuine one thousand peso bill incorporated with Ninety nine (99) pieces of one thousand peso bill as boodle money, amounting to Php 100,000.00;
7. One (1) color red eco bag;
8. One (1) unit of apple iphone cellphone;
9. One (1) unit of Toyota Innova color gray with plate number UIO596;
10. Recovered money amounting to Php1,200.00.
The recovered/seized suspected kush weighing more or less 250 grams has DDB value amounting to Php 300,000.00.
Recovered suspected kush from Leal and Bugal were turned over to Crime Laboratory Office for confirmatory testing.
Currently, Leal is confined in a hospital due to acute appendicitis. On the other hand, Bugal is detained at Kamuning Police Station pending the filing of charges for violation of Sec. 5 & 11 Art II RA 9165 otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
“I am happy for prompt actions of Kamuning Police Station, QCPD which resulted in the successful anti-illegal drug operations. Soon enough, we will be able to apprehend more sources of illegal drugs in Metro Manila and other neighboring provinces,” PMGEN SINAS stated.